Over the last 25 years I gradually came to the conclusion that many children would benefit from Masterclasses in The Art of Auditioning. I have seen many children unsuccessful in the audition process because they have not shown their considerable talents to a panel of directors who only have a very short time in which to make a decision. Nerves play a big part and so does fear of the unknown.
So I started these classes in October 2010 and now travel everwhere in the UK and abroad! They are completely independent of any productions I might be casting. The classes are specifically designed to empower children and to help them understand what creative teams are looking for, how to behave and how to use their nerves. They also include a wealth of other practical information. I am not intending to teach children how to sing dance or act – they know that already – but I do want to help them develop good audition technique.
The classes last 1.5 hours and aim to thoroughly prepare for the audition experience.
- Children should be aged 7 and over.
- I hold a chaperone’s licence with enhanced CRB disclosures granted by RBWM
- Each session is complete and is not part of a course.
- These one off sessions are fun and will help children to view auditions as an enjoyable challenge rather than a scary experience.
- Children take away information reminding them of the things we have covered during the class.
TWO NEW DATES IN CENTRAL LONDON FOR AUDITION TECHNIQUE
Wednesday August 1st 10.30 – 12 noon & Thursday August 30th 10.30 – 12 noon
Children must be over 7 years old. Nothing to prepare in advance. £25 per child
Please email email@example.com if you are interested in booking for either of these. Thank you.
Please click here to contact me using the form, or call me at my office on
- Landline: 01628 773048
- Mobile: 07824 337222.
- or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Jo Hawes Performing Arts Courses in Marlow Bucks.
NOW BOOKING February half term 2019
All courses are so much fun (for us and the children) with terrific feedback.
BRILLIANT! T. had a ball . “wonderful workshop, D had a fantastic time” “an amazing 3 days” “I sincerely hope that you will be running more similar courses in the future as all the children and parents with whom I spoke were delighted” “A. enjoyed herself so much she is already planning her return.
The four day courses are as follows –
Held at Sir William Borlase Grammer School, Marlow our courses consist of a varied programme of singing, dancing and acting with Mark (Wedgie) Hedges and Carrie Grant (West End Musical Director) plus a very exciting selection of other classes given by industry professionals designed to provoke interest and teach a variety of special skills.
Our activities might include any of the following – classes vary on each course.
- Singing and Dancing with Mark Hedges and Carrie Grant
- Audition training
- Stage fighting
- Make up workshops
- Photography workshops with Elizabeth Keates
- A short presentation for parents to watch on the afternoon of the final day.
- A Q and A session for parents.
- On certain courses only – A Flying workshop run by Freedom Flying who fly children, celebrities and many weird and wonderful objects all the time.
ONE DAY COURSES IN LONDON – places are limited.
Sunday June 10 One Day Course in London – £85 per child 10 – 5pm
- For further information or to book a place please email email@example.com.